History of the department
Vision and Mission
VISION AND MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To motivate and prepare students for Graduate and Post Graduate Studies. To impart quality education at all levels of teaching i.e. language, literature, cultural studies and research. Our M.A and Ph.D programs are research oriented. A compressive syllabus, which makes the students competent to pursue research in the field of inter-culture studies which is a requirement in this era of globalization. Beside post-graduate studies in literature we offer part-time courses in language, which aim at teaching Urdu as a second language.
To generate interest in Urdu language & literature at higher levels of learning through the following activities:
- Conducting post-graduate teaching effectively.
- Supervising research at the levels of M.A and Ph. D. Identifying new areas of research and conducting independent research through various research projects.
- Organizing seminars, conference workshops, symposia, Mushaira& Musical Programs.
- Publishing research monographs, bibliographies & scholarly books.
- Conducting visiting lectures for students by eminent Urdu Scholars.
Last Update 16 Dec 2018
Powered by Mr. Vicky S. Sawarkar