DEPARTMENT OF MARATHI
- To promote studies and research in Marathi language, Literature
- To promote literary skills of the students.
- To make sensitive, learned, cultured and ideal citizens for the Nation
- To promote the Culture and Literature of the Vidarbha region along with its history.
- To provide guidance for the preparation of SET/NET examinations, with the help of the NET/SET Cell established in the college.
- To provide guidance to the students who appear at the MPSC/UPSC examinations.
- To organize programmes to honour the members of the faculty and students for their achievements.
- The Department has its own library and projector room. Special attention is given to the students who are differently abled.
- Personal and informal contact is established with the students and feedback on various activities of the department is sought from them.
- Continuous updating of syllabus is done by the department to make its teaching up to date and relevant to the times.
- Informal attempts are made to ensure the quality of the students. The admission process of the department is transparent and merit-based. The quality of the teachers and updating of their knowledge are ensured by encouraging them to undertake and complete research projects Formal as well as Informal
Brief History :
The Department Of Marathi was established in 1927. Over the years, the Department has had several luminaries, as professors and students, who have made their mark not only in the Literary field but in the Society also. Many of its former students have been leading lights in the various fields like Politics, Literature, Industry, Education and others.
From 1927 till today Shri S.N. Banhatti, Dr. V. B. Kolte, Dr. Sharadchandra Muktibodh, Dr. Suresh Dolke, Dr. Malti Patil, Dr. Sunanda Deshpande, Dr. Lata Misar and Dr. Lata Lanjewar have headed this dept. in their respective times ably. At present Dr. Janardhan Katkar is the Head of the Department, and Dr. Vishakha Kamble, Dr. Nandkumar More, Prof Rajni Tondchirkar, Shri. Bharat Kadbe, Shri. Devanand Khobragade, Shri. Chhotu Puri, Shri. Sanjay Singanjude, Shri. Deepak Rangari, Shri. Arvind Dhanvijay, Ku. Nita Meshram & Omprakash Panchbhai are assisting him for the smooth working of the Department.
In the year 2011-2012 this Dept. has enrolled a total of 994 students from 11th to Ph.D. Apart from this, 25 students have cleared NET/SET/JRF exam and many of them are now working as lecturers
Number of Teachers in the Department :-
|| Dr. Janardan Katkar
|| Head of The Department and Assistant Professor
|| Dr. Vishakha Kamble
|| Assistant Professor
|| Mr. Sudhir B. More
|| Assistant Professor
|| Smt. Rajani
|| Lecturer (Jr. College)
A Glance at
the prominent former Heads of the Department :-
Prof. S.N. Banhatti , A critic (1925)
2) Dr. V.B. Kolte (Mahanubhav Sect
& Vice-Chancellor, Nagpur University)
3) Dr. Sharadchandra
Muktibodh , Marxist Poet & Critic (1961)
4) Dr. Suresh Dolake (A Critic &
a philosopher, studied Ancient Marathi Literature)
6) Dr. Sunanda Deshpande
7) Dr. Lata Misar
8) Dr. Lata Lanjewar
A glance at the former
professors / lecturers of the department :-
Yashwant Manohar (A great poet)
2) Kavi Grace (A great
3) Dr. Sudha Sathe
4) Dr. Vijaya Dabir (A great
5) Dr. Subhash Waghmare
6) Dr. Harishchandra Thorat
A Glance at Alumuni of the Department :-
Dr. Gangadhar Pantavne - President of first Vishwa Marathi Sahitya
Sammelan - 2009) - a great critic and
2. Waman Krishn Chorghade -
3. P.B. Bhave - A great
4. G.T Madkholkar (Chief Editor,
Tarun Bharat, Marathi Newspaper)
5. Dr. V.B. Kolte (VC, Nagpur University, Nagpur)
Deshpande (Renowned poet)
7. Ram Ghode (Writer and Philosopher)
Prof. Bhaskar Nandanwar
9. Dr. Ravindra Shobhane (Novelist)
Prakash Kharat (Philosopher and critic)
11. Dr. Asha Sawdekar (Well-known poet
and a critic)
12. Dr. Jyoti Lanjewar (Poet)
13. Prof. Vasant Purke
- Former Minister or Education
|Powered by Mr. Vicky S. Sawarkar