DEPARTMENT OF PERSIAN
As the Persian Language is a classical language and has a long standing Historical, Literary and Cultural tradition, the Department of Persian observes the following objectives :-
- To create interest among the students for learning Persian Language, and make them aware of its values and scopes.
- To prepare students to perform well in the subject, by providing necessary course material, reference books, taking class test, surprise test, conducting test examination, given Assignments, preparing model question papers and preparing question bank. Returning their corrected books etc.
- To prepare and encourage students to participate in different activities as well as for the competitive examinations like NET, SET, UPSC, and MPSC and the department also tried to prepare student for working as a translators.
- To provide information and guidance to scholars for research activities.
- Inauguration of Urdu and Persian Literary Society and Ghazal Sarai.
- Quiz Contest
- Guest Lecture
Brief History :
Persian was a part of the curriculum of Urdu from the inception of the Institute since 1885. However, Persian language was established as a separate subject Department from Urdu the on 26th July, 1999 by Government order. This was a landmark in the history of the Institute, as Persian is a classical language of international standing. At present, Dr. Khaleda Nigar is the Head of the Department, who also has several publications to her credit, like "RABIA QAZADARI, The First Poetess Of Persian", in the esteemed journal "MARIF" in October, 2000. As the H.O.D., Dr. Nigar has established linkage with the Director of Cultural House I.R. Iran, New Delhi.
Number of Teachers in the Department :-
|| Dr. Khaleda Nigar
|| Associate Professor and Head of The Department
|| Dr. Rais Ansari
|| Assistant Professor
|Powered by Mr. Vicky S. Sawarkar